How Models can Find Free Photographers
As a photographer I am constantly seeking new female talent to model for me, and I have used a variety of online resources to scout for local girls. This article discuses some of those websites (ModelMayhem.com, Facebook.com, OneModelPlace.com, MySpace.com, and iStudio.com) as well as some advice for ways for models to connect with photographers offline. I have written this article to benefit models who are looking for a photographer who will shoot them for free, often referred to as TFP (time for prints).
|Yearly Fees||Free to $100||Free||Free to $250||Free to $144||Free||Free|
|Private Messages||5||Unlimited||5||Unlimited||Unlimited||Mostly Unlimited|
|Social Platforms||Huge Forum||Small Forum||Medium Forum||Status Updates and Forums||Status Updates and Forums||Status Updates|
|Search by City||Yes||No||Yes||Yes (for Groups)||No||No|
- All sites offer a free membership, while some offer some premium features for a range of prices.
- Meetup fees only apply for starting a group. Normal membership is free with the exception of any mandated event fees.
- Portfolio images are based on the least expensive plan offered by a service.
- Private messages are listed as the amount allowed per day.
- Myspace has an undefined limit on the number of private messages sent out each day to prevent spam.
- Meetup lets you search for groups by city.